Seller Central’s Sponsored Products Ad report – which is available only for sponsored product campaigns – gives you activity information about products that have received at least one impression during your chosen time period. An impression occurs when Amazon shows your product ad to a shopper. Whenever a consumer actually clicks on that product, you pay for that click. The calculation for your click cost is:
Number of clicks x cost per click (CPC) = “Spend.”
The Sponsored Products Ad report shows a performance summary for each of your advertised products, so you can compare the performance of your ads and identify areas to optimize. Show me a sample report.
Understand the Amazon Advertising APIThe Amazon Advertising API negates the need to download information from Amazon and upload it into Sellercloud. This tool interacts with both Amazon and Sellercloud at the programming level, which simplifies your life by giving you easy access to your advertising options.
Upload product data manually into Sellercloud
Uploading the product ad data from this report into Sellercloud gives you the ability to analyze your product’s performance more effectively since this will be accurately reflected in the P&L of those products.
This process has 2 simple steps:
1. First, you download the Sponsored Product Ad report from Seller Central.
2. Second, you upload that report’s data into Sellercloud, which automatically adds it to your Profit by Product Summary and Profit by Product Details reports. There, each product’s total ad “Spend” amount per product per day appears in the Other Channel Fees column, as shown below.
In the Profit by Product Summary report – This will be the total spend amount
In the Profit by Product Details report (shown below) – This will be the per-day spend amount
Also, notice that the Trans Type column shows this transaction as “Product Ad” to distinguish it from other channel fees of different transaction types:
Downloading the report from Seller Central
1. Login to Seller Central.
2. There are two ways to navigate, either:
Show me a sample report.
Uploading the report to Sellercloud
4. Click Upload File Report.
a. Click Select Report File > Choose File > Upload Report.
b. Click Report Type > Sponsored Product Ad Report.
6. The next time you run your Profit by Product Summary or Profit by Product Details report, you will see this data in the appropriate product’s Other Channel Fees column.
Show me a sample report.