FBA Removal Orders are requests for Amazon to ship back FBA inventory to the merchant. While the actual order must be placed on Seller Central, the removal order will automatically create a warehouse transfer in Sellercloud, which can be received when the shipment arrives at the merchant’s warehouse. This workflow allows you to track the inventory’s movement history.
Note that Amazon often splits one removal order and ships it in multiple shipments. If so, a separate warehouse transfer will be created for each shipment.
Configure FBA Removals
- Go to Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > Open a company > Toolbox > Channels > Amazon Settings > General Settings > Enable Auto Create FBA Removal Transfers. The Warehouse transfer will be created with a Shipped status and will be named with the removal order ID.
- The Ship From Warehouse is the FBA Warehouse. Go to Settings > Companies > Manage Companies > Open a company > Toolbox > Channel Warehouse > FBA. This is a non-editable field.
- You can choose the default warehouses to which you will always receive transfers: In the company, click Client Settings > Amazon Settings > choose a Default FBA Removal Interim Warehouse from the list and a Default FBA Removal TO Warehouse from the list.
- In the Amazon removal reports, ensure that the Qty to Receive for each item is correct.
- On the Warehouse Inventory Transfer page (Inventory> Warehouse Inventory Transfer), click Set Receive > Go from the Select Action drop-down menu.
- If applicable, add serial numbers to the transfer from the Select Action menu.
At times, Amazon will send the wrong quantity in the report, and the warehouse transfer will be created with incorrect data. To fix the errors, choose “Manual” in the Type dropdown and save. This will open the transfer for manual editing.